Monday, February 9, 2015

The One Day, in All Eternity, For Me

It makes me sad to hear people say about their birthdays, "It's just another day."

I get it. We are all busy. And long are the days when our friends came with presents for a sleepover, while our parents ordered pizza and surprised us with a cake showcasing Barbies or boy bands, our favorite color or the number of our years.


But no matter how many years pass, it doesn't change the fact that this was the day -- the one day in all of eternity -- that God chose for you to come into the world.

I'm so grateful for the friends and family who take time to let me know that my birth was not just another day. Be it cards or phone calls, Facebook messages or texts, jewelry or surprise trips to Tahoe, I think it serves and honors God when we celebrate the day He chose just for us.


Perhaps this year I'll send more cards, make more phone calls, buy more gifts, and pay more attention to Facebook's daily reminder to wish my friends a Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment