Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Sounds of God

People get woken up by all kinds of noises. Alarm clocks. Children. Dogs. Randy and I typically wake up to the braying of the neighbor's donkey. But this morning we woke to the gobbling of wild turkeys in our backyard. 

I've woken up to all kinds of sounds. Roosters in Cuba, Buffalo in Wyoming, snoring pilgrims in Spain. But never a turkey. 

It made me smile, and thank God for the adventurous life he has given me. And for all of his creation.

I definitely think serving God includes taking time to be amazed by the world around us. A world he created for us to live, and delight in.


This week I got my first glimpse of a California Poppy, our state flower. Right there on the hillside along the path that Jovi and I walk daily. What a glorious sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment