Tuesday, December 1, 2015

25 Prayers of Christmas, Day 1

On my Facebook page, I participated in the "30 Days of Thankfulness" throughout the month of November. Once you get in the routine of being thankful daily, and sharing that, it can seem very abrupt to simply end on December 1. Suddenly caught up in all the hype of lights and gifts and elves on shelves and snow.

So instead of simply ending, my plan is to transition into what I'm calling the "25 Prayers of Christmas," leading up to Christmas Day. This is also a great excuse to get back to blogging regularly, to serving God and you in this way, and to share what is on my heart. Here goes.

(Warning: Some of these will be intense, others seemingly inane, because I believe God wants to hear ALL of our prayers.)


DAY 1


(You can say "Dear God," if you want, but I like to get straight to it!)

I've noticed a trend lately among my friends, specifically those whose marriages have ended recently. This in itself breaks my heart. Having been there myself, I know the pain that comes with divorce, and the consequences of all the wrong choices you make in the process, which can take years to work through.

But I also see a common thread in these endings. They have all happened to couples who have children who are either sick or have severe behavioral issues. This can be a major strain on relationships. I know the pain that comes with that too, having ended an engagement after a miscarriage.

And yet, your spouse is the person God gave you to help you through that pain, that challenge. When we say "in sickness and in health" we don't just mean our own health, but that of our kids and our parents and others who God entrusts to us.

So today my prayer is not only for children to be made well, and for children to find the help they need to be overcomers, but for their parents to be strong in the Lord, to lean on one another instead of taking out their frustrations against one another, and that their marriages would be strengthened by these challenges instead of broken by them. And for all parents whose children are healthy, that a hedge would be put around them so that if the time comes when they do have to face this challenge, they will rise to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment