Sunday, December 13, 2015

25 Prayers of Christmas, Day 13

I was looking at my Facebook page yesterday and I thought, "Man, that guy is hot!" Then I realized I was looking at my profile picture and that hot guy was my husband! How lucky am I!


I love being in the "newlywed" stage of our relationship. I love when Randy comes home grinning and says, "I just remembered we're married!" But I love even more when I see couples who have been together for 10 or more years (instead of weeks like us!) and the man still refers to his wife as his "bride" and the wife still refers to her man as "still gives me goosebumps after all these years." Those are the moments I want to make sure we have in our future.

But all too often you see relationships in which the couple has stopped fanning that flame, they have let the spark fade. And I think the same can be true of our relationship with Christmas. We no longer get goosebumps when we think about Christmas morning. We think of it as being "just for the kids." We've lost sight of the magic, the sizzle, the wonder.

Jesus, help us rediscover the "wonder" of Christmas this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment