Monday, December 14, 2015

25 Prayers of Christmas, Day 14

The other night I had a dream about a friend of mine who died this year, much too young. It has been a few years since I've seen him. He was only 19 then.

In my dream I am hanging ornaments on a tree. He is there and we are admiring the brightest, shiniest ornament. I am hanging it for him, in his honor, his memory. Because it reminds me of his personality. Bright, shiny, alive with wonder.

My prayer this Christmas is that we would find a way to honor, to remember, all the loved ones we have lost this year, in a meaningful way. Maybe it is with an ornament that reminds us of them. A donation to an organization that fights against the disease they died from. Or simply speaking their names, in our Christmas cards, our conversations or our prayers around the Christmas dinner table.

While Christmas seems like it should be the happiest time of year, for some it is the hardest. But perhaps finding a way to honor the ones we are missing will help us channel a bit of the heartache.

These are for you Corey. XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment