Wednesday, December 2, 2015

25 Prayers of Christmas, Day 2

My prayer today is that we would remember this simple truth: people are important.

I have a ton of work on my plate right now, and I'm adding more daily. Yet I took the time to call my parents first thing this morning. Because they are important.

Randy does 99.99% of the cooking in our house. Today he began his busy season, catering holiday parties. So I had dinner in the crock pot when he came home, to give him a break from having to feed us. Nothing fancy, just something to show him I appreciate how hard he works to take care of our family. And that he is important.


Tomorrow I am taking my mother-in-law to the doctor because I don't want her to have to go alone. I want her to know that she is important.

I love to text my sister-in-law Jenn. She always replies, she always gets where I'm coming from, and she has a huge heart for her family and friends. She makes me feel important.

Christmas is that time of year when we get to focus on the things most important to us: family, friends, the birth of our Savior. And yet we can get so busy in the month of December that we might just find ourselves neglecting those things all month long, relegating the celebration to just a few hours on the 25th, justifying our negligence by saying that all the work, all the shopping, all the running around is necessary in order to make those few hours together perfect. But if we truly believe that people are important, we have to show it with our actions for more than just a few moments on a special day.

Father, in the midst of all the hustle and bustle, give us creative minds this December, help us see how we can show the people in our lives that they are important.


No comments:

Post a Comment